The Ingredient to Being Yourself

The subject of "being authentically yourself" has always interested me. To the point that I have had myself speak on the very same at various school assemblies as a youngin. I don't understand what is it about this subject specifically, probably the Leo placement in my birth chart *self-absorbed much* or maybe the constant effort to be the most distinct personality in the crowd.

Source: https://in.pinterest.com/
Source: Pinterest

But the question that dwells in my mind is - are we really just one? So far, there is just one definite answer that I have landed on and it is a big big NO. I don't know whether to use the word 'mixture', 'combination', or maybe 'amalgamation' to explain my theory because they all are synonyms. But there is a thin line that sets them apart from each other.

To explain:

  • 'Mixture' would describe something on the surface level, almost as if describing a scientific process or a cooking recipe.
  • 'Combination' is like taking two things and adding them together to make something that only acquires the quality of the two primary sources and nothing from an external source.
  • 'Amalgamation' *big word* on the other hand is the only word that seems to describe my point so far even then not so well.
Source: https://in.pinterest.com/
Source: Pinterest


With people being more accepting of the black and white nature of humans, 'grey' is the word everyone has started using to describe this nature. It is definitely not a new word, since it has been used as a theme in pop culture so many times, yet a few lots still remain unfamiliar with it as they continue to see the world as black and white. But the reality differs.


Source: https://in.pinterest.com/
Source: Pinterest


Every other day we meet a lot of people clearly distinct from each other in physicality, yet one out of five would always remind you of someone you've met before (if you're observant enough). Why? because we all have a little bit of everyone in us. WE ARE EACH OTHER. 


Source: https://in.pinterest.com/
Netflix's show 'Bridgerton'
Source: Pinterest


Recently I started watching the show Bridgerton and I am already copying the mannerisms of my favorite characters. “Drop the accent", says my sister as I started talking in a British accent suddenly, and believe me it's not the first time.

So, if my personality can change merely after watching a show then how can we possibly believe that there could be only one fixed definition for something so deep and vast? I guess we are nothing but a learned behavior after all. I may sound preachy but people who are into astrology would agree too.


Source: https://in.pinterest.com/
Source: Pinterest


You know when someone asks you about your sun sign and it can be any of the 12 signs we've all read about. But if you dive deep into astrology it is not only confined to your sun sign. What comes into play is also your Moon, Rising, Mercury, Venus, Mars, Saturn, and Jupiter signs along with the individual's upbringing as well.

I know there's even more to astrology and I am no expert in this subject but the basic idea is that despite someone having the same sun sign as you, both individuals can carry different qualities, behaviors, and temperaments pertaining to factors they've been brought up in.

Simply saying, nobody in the world is exactly different from one another and there will always be a shared aspect.

So, if one were to ask me - what is the ingredient to being yourself? I would say there is none. The thought itself is as vain as putting in an effort to become one.

Comments

  1. Wow😍 Yet another deeply engaging and thought provoking post! Keep going Teema πŸ’ƒπŸ’ƒπŸ’ƒ

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank You Bhago. I will ❤️☺️

      Delete
    2. Wow my whole heart for this πŸ’—

      Delete
  2. Facts stated really well Shee❤️ (*ahem and believe me it is not only you who has trouble in "dropping the accent")

    ReplyDelete
  3. Came here, after reading the "Living the easy way out: Dear Zindagi", and I am amazed on how clearly you were able to arrange the thoughts and expressed them beautifully, these posts inspired me to come back to blogspot for reading, which I left long back. Looking forward for more posts.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad that my post could ignite that feeling ❤️

      Delete
  4. Very well said πŸ‘πŸ‘

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular on Dark Matter

For Sonal Kalra,

MIND DRAFT

Living the Easy Way Out; Dear Zindagi