MIND DRAFT


01/The more one desires anything, the more challenges the universe throws, asking, "Show us what you got. Let's see what we're willing to do to make them happen"

Those who can accept the simplicity of "it is what it is" are the ones who are smoothly sailing through these challenges. But for those who can't, they find themselves submerged in the sorrow of unfulfilled longing. Perhaps that's why there are more people out there, still searching for love and wallowing in sadness, than those who are content with the absence of it.

"Longing, we say, because desire is full of endless distances" - Robert Hass

02/The word 'longing' is as beautiful as it is tragic, and today, I find myself leaning towards its beauty. 

Longing often starts with a spark of hope or aspiration. Longing for love, accompanied by memories of the past – that's nostalgia. Longing for comfort and familiar surroundings – that's the yearning for home. It's also manifested in the desire for exploration, the thrill of adventure, and the quest for inspiration. Longing even finds its place in the search for meaning, purpose, or a connection to ourselves. 

And if you really reflect on it, you'll see that it all begins with positive hopefulness.


*****

Once, I got something I had always wanted. It arrived so easily that I hardly had a chance to fully appreciate it. It's like the universe knows that true value isn't just in having something but in the journey of wanting and longing for it.

*****

So, do we still desire, still long for things that are uncertain to be achieved? I'd say yes. Longing, like a catalyst, sparks positive change, fuels creativity, and drives us to seek meaningful experiences. Longing shows how we humans are always reaching 
for something more, on a constant quest for fulfillment.

In the end, I realise, it is better to be longing than oblivious. Whether we get what we want or not, the key is having that initial energy to make things happen. 

03/Maintaining hope is crucial. Desire starts from hope, and perhaps the distance between that hope and reality translates it into the beautiful, poignant feeling we call "longing."

Comments

  1. I enjoyed reading it

    ReplyDelete
  2. Never thought that someone could describe the beauty of longing in such a way. Loved it!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's beautiful, Just loved it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. TRAGIC🥹❤️ so nicely said. I love it <3

    ReplyDelete
  5. as always found myself captivated by your writing, keep it up sheema, proud of you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Waiting for more of your blogs because I'm loving what I just read♡

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very nice sheema, keep it up!👍

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful Sheema ❤️ Keep it up

    ReplyDelete
  9. Keep it up, a good read.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your writing made me think differently.👌

    ReplyDelete
  11. Good read, i translated it in bhojpuri and listened to it on my speaker, it was soothing and i slept through it like an emo boy sleeps through an a whispering ASMR

    ReplyDelete
  12. It helped me in a way I didn't expect. 'Universe testing you to see what you've got!'

    ReplyDelete
  13. You write so well. Good one Gogoi 💜

    ReplyDelete
  14. Come back soon I am missing you

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular on Dark Matter

For Sonal Kalra,

Living the Easy Way Out; Dear Zindagi